Since I am doing a traditional Oktoberfest for this year’s tailgate, I thought I would share a recipe I came up with a few years ago. I wanted something that was easy to cook at a tailgate, but also was looking for something that brought Tennessee into the menu. So I came up with the idea of a Smokey Mountain Chicken Pasta.
- 4 chicken breast, grilled and chopped (you can substitute a pulled rotisserie chicken if you would like)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
- ½ lb smoked ham, diced
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- ½ lb Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Toss chicken, pasta, ham and BBQ sauce. When well combined add salt and pepper as needed. You want everything to still be warm.
Add to plate and top with green onions, tomatoes and cheese. You can throw it under the broiler if you want to melt the cheese even more.