What a great game last weekend. In the end a W is a W and I have a feeling we will see Florida again soon.
This tailgate is a tough one as we have two Mississippi based teams back-to-back, so it’s hard to do two MS themes on top of each other.
Since it’s a late game, I’ll be doing some heavier food in the late afternoon and some finger foods during the day. I’ve been playing around with smoked cream cheese and figure I’ll work that into the menu. A sweet and savory BBQ sauce works well with pork and ties into the overall southern menu as well. A few years back I did a braided pork loin and it will pair well with the BBQ sauce. This is a technique I learned from Seven Fires, a great open fire cooking reference. I’m not 100% sure on the rest of the dishes, but will lost some ideas. If you have a favorite dish or a request – please let me know.
With a 6PM kick I plan on having the main food off around 4:30 with finger foods coming off as folks start to gather.
- Smoked Cream Cheese with a savory and spice topping made with Golden Eagle Syrup
- Cajun spicy corn dip
- Golden Eagle Syrup glazed andouille sausage rolls
- Fire roasted Braided Pork Loins with a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce made with Golden Eagle Syrup
- Fire roasted Colliflower with a Thai sweet curry sauce – you guessed it made with Golden Eagle Syrup
- Roasted diced sweet potatoes
Hope to see you in Tuscaloosa!