It’s that time of the year, fall is in the air and we’re welcoming in the Third Saturday in October! It’s been a crazy series of games filled with some long streaks on both sides of the coin. We’re of course hoping to extend our current streak by one more win on Saturday.
This game always reminds me of Oktoberfest, I know I know it’s already over. But somehow celebrating it a few weeks back when temps were in the 100’s just seemed crazy. We also welcome Smokey to campus, so we may as well smoke some food for this one. And of course I’ll have plenty of Cahaba Oktoberfest on hand! We will be cooking on both the open pit and the big smoker.
With an 8PM kickoff, I’ll be doing lunch and dinner. For lunch I’m going to feature Conechuh Sausage burgers. These are a wonderful combination of traditional a traditional burger, cut with about 25% ground Conechuh with a little blue cheese thrown in. I’ll have some other items coming off throughout the day for snacking as well.
I know folks will be tricking in, so please let me know what meals you’ll likely make so I can make sure to cook enough – and not too much.
Here’s my thoughts for Lunch/Snacks
- Conechuh blue cheese burgers on pretzel buns (assuming I can source them in time)
- Blue cheese and smoked apple slaw
- Smoked chicken wings
- German Style Cabbage and Green Beans (with smoked cabbage)
- Grilled Bratwursts with smoked veggies and mustard sauce
- Oktoberfest Pork Roast with smoked apple sauce
- Grilled German Potato Salad
Hope to see you Saturday and Roll Tide!